cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overvoltage fault occures when motor reaches target RPM in FOC SDK V4.3

AADAR.1
Associate

Hi All,

I am using Nucleo-F302R8 with IHM08M1 power board, 3 shunt mode with hall sensor and FOC SDK V4.3 algorithm. I am able to run my 1KW BLDC motor in Speed control mode. I set the target speed is 3000 RPM. Motor starts and goes upto 3500 RPM and trying to slow down speed, during this time Overvoltage fault stop the motor. My ultimate aim is to drive motor at 6000 RPM in 30 seconds. Kindly guide me to tune the parameters.

3 REPLIES 3
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @AADAR.1​ 

FOC SDK 4.3 has not been supported for quite some time.

Why not upgrade your application to the latest STM32 MC-SDK versions which offer lots of new features and fixes?

Best regards

AADAR.1
Associate

Thanks Laurent for reply.

I tried FOC SDK 5.4.6.

Now I am able to run my motor. But sometimes during acceleration it gives Speed feedback error. (Not always)

My aim is to reach 6000 RPM in 30 Seconds so my Ramp is quite fast.

What parameters need to change. Can you please guide me.

GMA
ST Employee

Hello,

Le main point that trigs the « Speed feedback » error with the HALL Sensor is the fact to have a measured speed higher than the MAX_APPLICATION_SPEED_RPM value.

With a high acceleration ramp, and if your final speed is close to the maximum one, may be you can a have an overshoot at the acceleration end.

May be you can check the measured speed in order to verify if an overshoot occurs. If it is the case, you can slightly increase the maximum allowed speed and/or tune PID gain in order to smooth acceleration profile.

Best regards.

If you agree with the answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'.
Best regards.
GMA