cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUCLEO-H503RB motor drive USART communication

Kota
Associate

Hi, ST community.

I'm trying to drive a motor using Nucleo-H503RB. At that time, I am trying to change the USART pin of STLINK and connect it to Motor pilot, but it does not connect.

<Detail>

I want to use PB14 and PB15 for the STLINK USART pins instead of the default PA3 and PA4 (because I use PA4 as DAC).I changed the Nucleo-H503RB json file for Motor Workbench and solder bridge (SB2&SB3→SB18&SB22, SB19&SB33→SB20&23) to change the USART pin. In Motor Workbench, the USART pin has been changed from USART3 to USART1. However, it does not connect to Motor pilot.(Defalut setting (PA3 and PA4) were worked correctly. )

The software I use to generate F/W is Motor Workbench 6.2.1,  EWARM V8(but debug in V9), CubeMX6.10.0, STM32Cube_FW_H5_V1.1.1.
I will send you the Workbench file, json file I was change, and EWARM F/W file that I used.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kota
Associate

Thank you for supporting.

This problem was resolved.

The problem was that the USART pin was connected to the inverter pin. There was no problem with NecleoH503RB alone.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

I changed the Nucleo-H503RB ........ solder bridge (SB2&SB3→SB18&SB22, SB19&SB33→SB20&23) to change the USART pin.

Have you verified that the UART works after this change? Do not connect the motor yet. Write a simple test for the UART (like, send and receive some data), make sure it works. Use a scope or logic analyzer.

Billy OWEN
ST Employee

Hi @Kota 

The forum moderator had marked your post as needing a little more investigation and direct support. An online support case has been created on your behalf, please stand by for just a moment and you will hear from us.

Regards,

Billy

Kota
Associate

Thank you for supporting.

This problem was resolved.

The problem was that the USART pin was connected to the inverter pin. There was no problem with NecleoH503RB alone.