cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it possible to run over 40000RPM with 8 poles motor on STSPIN32F0

tliao.1
Associate II

I use 16KHz PWM to run motor, once the motor over 24000RPM, the motor current will become very high and unstable. it is seems over than FOC execute rate cause this problem.

I'm not sure I think is right or not ?   is there any suggestion please tell me.

when I use G431B MCU with 30KHz PWM to run same motor, it looks run very well with no problem (can over 40000RPM) 

P.S 

1. motor parameters: Vm: 12v / Rs: 0.3 ohm / Ls: 20uH

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FouadB
ST Employee

We would like to sincerely apologize for the delay in replying to your post.
If your point is still pertinent, the minimum PWM frequency for the motor time constant L/R = 66us is 16KHz.
At this frequency level, the CPU load with the F0 may be the cause of the observed limitation at high speed, whereas this is not the case with the G4.

Best regards

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'."

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
FouadB
ST Employee

We would like to sincerely apologize for the delay in replying to your post.
If your point is still pertinent, the minimum PWM frequency for the motor time constant L/R = 66us is 16KHz.
At this frequency level, the CPU load with the F0 may be the cause of the observed limitation at high speed, whereas this is not the case with the G4.

Best regards

If you agree with my answer, please accept it by clicking on 'Accept as solution'."