cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I use NUCLEO-F446RE and X_NUCLEO_IHM08M1 for motor control. It works fine but however, when the temperature reaches more than 50 degree, it shows an over current fault???

VGani.1
Associate III

Another question, my project works on 30kHZ PWM frequency. Can I change the PWM frequency from fixed frequency to random frequency??

3 REPLIES 3
cedric H
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ ,

Are you sure that the overcurrent is related to the temperature increase ?

Did you measure your current with a current probe to be sure that the overcurrent detected is not a real one ?

Our FOC algo is designed to use a fixed PWM frequency only. Changing the PWM frequency without re-designing the algorithm will lead to a non functional project.

Regards

Cedric

Hi @cedric H​ ,

When the motor is running at rated speed 3000rpm under No-load, it works fine. But when it is loaded, running at rated speed for longer time and temp reaches over 50 degree, over current fault occurs.

Since the FOC algorithm is fixed in the software, we can only change the PWM frequency manually, but not a varying frequency??

You can change the PWM frequency only in the Workbench. A lot of computed parameters depend on the PWM frequency.

Cedric