cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the Lwip example code cannot run on the my customized board?

kevinS
Associate II

Hi,

1. I run the "LwIP_HTTP_Server_Netconn_RTOS" example well on STM32746G-Discovery board. I can see webpage after type "192.168.11.1" in browser.
  2. I modified the gpio configuration in "HAL_ETH_MspInit"
  3. I modified the HSE_VALUE from 25M to 8M (my board use 8M osc)
  4. I try to burn the modified code to our board, but it cannot work and no webpage i can see in browser... i am sure my board has no hardware problem.

Can someone tell any other consideration on the modification to make my board run the example?

Thanks!

Kevin

2 REPLIES 2

Does the DISCO pull a 25 MHz for the PHY via PA8 MCO of HSE ?

Otherwise you'll need an alternate clock source, or not use the default routing the software is using, and clock the STM32 Ethernet peripheral with the same clock as the PHY.

>>i am sure my board has no hardware problem.

I don't see a schematic, so fix/understand the software, and probe the pins confirming you're seeing the clocks/signals where expected.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
kevinS
Associate II

>> Does the DISCO pull a 25 MHz for the PHY via PA8 MCO of HSE ?

I checked the DISCO schematic it provides 25MHz exterrnal ​osc go through XTAL1/CLKI input pin on PHY LAN8742A chip. The below is the schematic of DISCO board.

0690X000008B997QAC.jpg​>> clock the STM32 Ethernet peripheral with the same clock as the PHY.

suppose MAC and PHY share the same clock source, right?

>> I don't see a schematic, so fix/understand the software...

As the customized board can run an old lwip firmware and i can see the webpage, so i confirm the board hardware has no problem. The same weird problem is this firmware also cannot run on DISCO board. The below is the schematic of the customized board.

0690X000008B9C1QAK.jpg

So i doubt the problem is still the clock setting... I even exchange the code SystemClock_Config() part each other, still no use...

Any suggestion? Thanks!

Kevin