cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBFS not enumerating as VCP

PShri.1
Associate

Hello,

I m using an STM32F249I DISC1 board. I'm trying to start-off with a basic USB VCP loopback functionality. I generated the code for USBFS as a CDC Device (VCP) using CubeMx. I set the clock to 168MHz (so that USBFS is clocked at 48 MHz). I have also given appropriate Stack and Heap sizes. And I am using Windows 10.

However, the board doesn't enumerate as a VCP, in fact it isn't even detected on the bus (i.e. I don't see any activity on my PC).

What else can be the issue? Any code examples that I should refer to?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FBL
ST Employee

Hi @PShri.1 

According to the user manual, USB OTG host operation is realized once the Discovery is connected to the PC via the ST-LINK cable (mini USB). Once the USB OTG host device is detected and identified, then the USB ST-LINK cable can be removed.

You may try the example provided in Cube firmware dedicated to other classes just to make sure it's working.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
FBL
ST Employee

Hi @PShri.1 

According to the user manual, USB OTG host operation is realized once the Discovery is connected to the PC via the ST-LINK cable (mini USB). Once the USB OTG host device is detected and identified, then the USB ST-LINK cable can be removed.

You may try the example provided in Cube firmware dedicated to other classes just to make sure it's working.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.