cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Mass Storage device (FileX, UsbX) - Won't start on Windows 10

MD'Si.1
Associate III

I am trying to build a sample application that initializes a NOR Flash SPI chip and then exposes it over USB to a Windows computer as a removable mass storage device. I am using FileX and USBX. Host is STM32F429 (Nucleo 144 board) and Nor flash is Winbond W128

I have the NOR flash initialization code working and FileX successfully opens the media (from STMCubeIDE Example code). After the FileX media is opened I plug in the USB cable and I get the Cannot start (Code 10) error on Windows.

0693W00000Uo1p0QAB.pngI have found a knowledge article on STM32 Community (about HAL USB and Code 10 error) and have increased the USB Thread stack and the USB Class stack to 4KBytes and 11KBytes.

I have implemented by block read and write routines using this example file from ST employee https://community.st.com/s/feed/0D53W00001WHKrVSAX

I am not sure how to further debug this issue. Any help is greatly appreciated?

2 REPLIES 2
mohamed.ayed
ST Employee
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

The "migration" info messages are not relevant to the problem. You can remove the device to clean up and start over, let Windows to detect it again. The USB descriptors seem to be read correctly.

So, the problem can be in read & write of the external flash. Do more error checking there.