cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultimate Liberty license - what is allowed?

paradajz
Associate

All files generated by CubeMX are licensed under "Ultimate Liberty license". Looking over the terms of the license, one particular detail is very interesting:

5. No use, reproduction or redistribution of this software partially or totally may be done in any manner that would subject this software to any Open Source Terms. “Open Source Terms�? shall mean any open source license which requires as part of distribution of software that the source code of such software is distributed therewith or otherwise made available, or open source license that substantially complies with the Open Source definition specified at www.opensource.org and any other comparable open source license such as for example GNU General Public License (GPL), Eclipse Public License (EPL), Apache Software License, BSD license or MIT license.

Can anyone tell me what does this really mean? I have a open-source project licensed under Apache license which uses CubeMX files. Does this license actually prevents me from open-sourcing my project since the resulting binary is linked with CubeMX files? Or is the license valid only for generated files?

0 REPLIES 0