cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UART2 on the Nucleo G431-RB accepts data through the USB virtual port but not through PA3.

KJase.1
Associate II

Hi all, I am working in uart2 which is connected to the usb port in nucleo -g431rb but I want to communicate not through usb but through PA2 and PA3 pins assigned to uart2 by default. Tx line work properly but Rx not. There is a good signal on PA3 input (I checked with oscilloscope) but MCU is not receiving data. I thought there was some collision with usb virtual port so I unsoldered solder bridges SB1 and SB12 - doesn't work. Rx uart2 works if I send data to usb port and not to PA3. Does anyone have any idea?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Karl Yamashita
Lead II

I am assuming you're using pin #5 and #10(ARD_A2) on CN3 connector? The ARD_A2 needs SB14 soldered bridge to complete the circuit.

If you find my answers useful, click the accept button so that way others can see the solution.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Karl Yamashita
Lead II

I am assuming you're using pin #5 and #10(ARD_A2) on CN3 connector? The ARD_A2 needs SB14 soldered bridge to complete the circuit.

If you find my answers useful, click the accept button so that way others can see the solution.
KJase.1
Associate II

Many thanks, I'll check tomorrow.

KJase.1
Associate II

Now it works, thanks again.

Karl Yamashita
Lead II

That is good to hear. Can you select as best answer?