cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transmitting and receiving IQ data at the same time over USB

NBenn.1
Associate II

Hi,

I'm doing a project currently where I have to use the stm32 to relay data to and from the PC simultaneously. I have two other ICs - an IQ modulator and IQ demodulator. I need to send two time-varying signals simultaneously from the PC to the IQ modulator and receive two such signals simultaneously from the IQ demodulator. I was hoping that the STM32 would be able to perform this relaying function over USB. Could somebody point me towards a reference on how to do this?

Regards,

Jerry

2 REPLIES 2

USB is half-duplex.

The model used for MSC is quite efficient. But you're going to be dealing with blocks of data, in a ping pong fashion​, alternating, and not concurrently.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
NBenn.1
Associate II

Hi,

Thanks for pointing that out - I didn't know USB is half-duplex. I've thought of a workaround to the half-duplex problem. I can store the periodic waveform to be sent to IQ modulators on the stm32 itself, and receive the data from the IQ demodulators to the PC. But still, since there are two separate data streams, what is the best way to do this? Could I/should I set up two different buffers, one each for the I and Q channels?

Regards,

Jerry