cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The STM32H743ZI's USB device virtual COM port (VCOM) with Free RTOS is broken after FW_H7 updating

CZhan.8
Associate

The STM32H743ZI's USB device virtual COM port (VCOM) with Free RTOS is broken after updating to STM32CubeIDE v1.11.2. The problem is caused by FW_H7 updating from v1.10.0 to v1.11.0.

I have a program running on NUCLEO-H743ZI2 board. The USB device (VCOM) with Free RTOS works fine until STM32CubeIDE v1.11.2 update. The FW_H7 update from v1.10.0 to v1.11.0 broke the USB function. I can fix the problem by copying the old Driver\ fold over.

I think that the FW_H7_v1.11.0 has a bug in USB HAL library. Now I can only use the v1.10.0 and wait for fixing in the next release. I attached the .ioc file to help debugging.

2 REPLIES 2
ABOUA
ST Employee

Hello CZhan.8,

In order to reproduce the issue your are facing, could you please share the failing project

Thanks,

MAISS.1
ST Employee

Hello CZhan.8,

We have tested the use case with our firmware on the STM32H743I-EVAL board using the latest version, v1.11.0, and everything is working properly.
Please make sure that you are also using the latest version of the firmware, or if possible, please upload your complete project to facilitate debugging.

Thanks.