cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[STM32H750B DK - UART does not work.]

Tiel
Associate II

Hello, 

I want to use Uart6 interrupt on STM32H750b DK board, but it doesn't work, so I'm asking here.

Is there anyone used uart on stm32H7xx chip?
I just added the Uart-code using CubeMX and then when I build/start debugging, it stopped during initializing uart6 with following error.

Tiel_0-1692898270182.png

Please give me advice.

FYI, I attached some source codes.

Hope someone reply for this.

Thanks for reading. 

Tommy Lim

3 REPLIES 3

Related  https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcu-products/bug-the-cubemx-new-version-not-working-usart6-irqhandler/m-p/578006

Vectoring off to random addresses suggest stack corruption, or wrong addressed in the vector table.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
TDK
Guru

Okay, so 3 people reporting the same issue, probably is an issue there. At that point in the initialzation, UART6 interrupts aren't even enabled yet.

Look at VECTACTIVE bits to see what interrupt it's in.

TDK_0-1692902556467.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Testing on an ART-PI H750 USART6 PC6 / PC7

USART_CR1_TXEIE_TXFNFIE for the TX looks to be working without issues (mainly Keil + HAL)

Need to check the wiring/headers to see if I can loopback and prove the RX side. Would suggest using a PULLUP setting on the RX, so it doesn't just sink noise.

Wired the loopback, RX IRQ working. Make sure to clear noise, parity, framing and overrun errors.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..