cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F429 SPI bootloader doesn't respond to Synchronization Byte. What am I doing wrong?

MSipo
Senior II

I'm having trouble getting into SPI bootloader mode on SPI1 using NUCLEO-F429ZI.

I have verified this:

0693W00000UFPpsQAH.png 

0693W00000UFPq7QAH.pngI have followed this:

0693W00000UFPouQAH.png 

0693W00000UFPtBQAX.pngAnd used these pins and SPI mode:

0693W00000UFPqlQAH.pngBut I still don't get any responce:

Full sequence från me pushing the reset button and my second board sending the Synchronization Byte:

0693W00000UFPrPQAX.pngDetails when sending 0x5A (Synchronization Byte):

0693W00000UFPrZQAX.pngWhat am I doing wrong here?

I have a simple LED blinky program on the MCU (that it boots to when BOOT0 is low). I can see that it boots into bootloader mode at least beacause it doesn't blink the LED anymore. But I't doesn't respond.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES 3
MSipo
Senior II

I made progress. I discovered that it replies after a power on (connecting the board to USB cable), but does not respond after a reset on the NRST pin.

0693W00000UFQZRQA5.pngIs the BOOT0 pin only evaluated at power on and not at NRST pin rising edge? Or is the NUCLEO board doing some stuff here ther affects this? How can I make it work with pressing the reset button instead of power cykling the board?

I tried also tried to break off the ST-link board. No difference. And also desoldered the bridges for ethernet. No difference.

It only works if I reboot the board power. If I at the same time hold reset and then release it it will not work.

MSipo
Senior II

I tried to enter UART1 bootloader. I got the same problem there. Only able to enter UART1 bootloader if I power cycle. I posted a question about that too. Something strange with my NUCLEO-F429ZI.