cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F429 - Discovery card Micro Usb COM port not showing in Windows 10!

BTaşk.1
Associate II

I have the STM32F429 Discovery development board. I want to send and receive data from the USB port. I will use Virtual Com Port for this. When I connect the Micro USB port on the card to the computer, it does not appear as a device. I use Keil as the compiler. My operating system is Windows 10.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You have installed a driver on your PC, but apparently there is no driver on the STM32F429.

Try compiling and installing an USB example from STM32CubeF4.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TDK
Guru

"data cable is not visible" ? You can't see the cable plugged into the board? I don't know how to parse this, seems like all is working correctly to me.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

And what is that virtual COM Port thing in the device manager?​

My problem is that it does not appear as a device when I connect micro usb. The programming cable of the com5 card shown in the picture, mini-b.

You need some software on the STM32F429 to configure the USB port as a serial communication device, and handle requests from the PC.

If there is no software to do that, the USB cable is just a piece of dangling wire as far as the PC can tell.

BTaşk.1
Associate II

I installed the driver I mentioned above for this. But the computer does not see the card still connected. What should i do for the computer to see the micro usb connection ?? Is there anyone who can help ?

You have installed a driver on your PC, but apparently there is no driver on the STM32F429.

Try compiling and installing an USB example from STM32CubeF4.

Before seeing your suggestion, I solved my problem by using the example below. Thank you to Mr. Majerle and you.

https://stm32f4-discovery.net/2014/08/library-24-virtual-com-port-vcp-stm32f4xx/