Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F4 bootloader write

ralf239955_st
Associate II
Posted on February 11, 2013 at 08:52

Hi all,

up to now I  used a MSWindows bootloader application (based on Dale Wheats code) for the STM32F1. Now I also use the STM32F4. I updated the bootloader due to the different erase commands (erase vs. extended erase). Now I can identify and erase the STM32. But if I want to write to the flash by issuing the 'Write Memory Command' (0x31) I always get back NACK. Read/write protection is disabled.

It would be great I someone could point me in the right direction.

Best regards

Tom  

#stm32f4-bootloader
12 REPLIES 12
pradeepa
Associate II
Posted on September 09, 2013 at 09:01

Clive1, 

Is there an application note which has bootloader commands documented? I cannot find any.

Thank you.

I found the Application note. Sorry for the trouble. The application notes were mentioned in the AN2606.

daekmoon32
Associate
Posted on November 01, 2013 at 09:57

Hello clive1,

im having same issue as Tom. I noticed that the flash is erased after full erase command, but if i want write some data, i receive NACK. Is possible to write to memmory after mass erase or I have to restart board??

thank you for reply

Posted on November 01, 2013 at 15:59

Is possible to write to memory after mass erase or I have to restart board??

Depends, in normal operation yes, you can write to memory after doing a mass erase, the erase takes quite a while to complete. You may well need to restart if you have read protection enabled, as this state is latched in the part, and observed by the system loader.
Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..