cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 USB Firmware update via High speed or Full speed?

BHan.1
Associate II

Hello,

Has anyone tried updating STM32 firmware over HS USB?

I can't remember where I read it, but I remember the default STM32 DFU mode is only compatible with the FS USB.

My device is a "USB Device" and it only needs HS USB to do the job, FS is not really required.

So I'm looking for ways to implement DFU mode with the HS USB connection.

I searched everywhere for the FS or HS connection DFU mode, but I'm only seeing how to use DFU mode not what USB type to use.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

> My device is a "USB Device" and it only needs HS USB to do the job, FS is not really required.

FS (12Mbps) is a lower speed than HS (480 Mbps).

The ST USB DFU bootloader only supports full speed.

You can look at AN2606 to see what bootloader options are supported. Note that all the USB options listed are full speed.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TDK
Guru

> My device is a "USB Device" and it only needs HS USB to do the job, FS is not really required.

FS (12Mbps) is a lower speed than HS (480 Mbps).

The ST USB DFU bootloader only supports full speed.

You can look at AN2606 to see what bootloader options are supported. Note that all the USB options listed are full speed.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

> So I'm looking for ways to implement DFU mode with the HS USB connection.

Make your own updater with DFU interface. Look for examples for DFU device class in ST HAL bundle for your MCU.

-- pa

BHan.1
Associate II

Thanks for the AN2606 Reference. I knew I read it somewhere.

Sad to say but I'm not too experienced writing my own ​updater. But it sure will be great simplifying a lot of things.