cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 ST-LINK Utility

Arnaud1
Associate III

Hello,

I have a new PC Windows and and I have this error when I start the software STM32 ST-LINK Utility (file in attachment)

It misses dll file (mfc140.dll)

Capture d’écran 2023-11-17 111619.png

And idea please?

Thanks

Arnaud

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your feedback.

I think that I have found the problem, it misses all .DLL file in my computer , I need to download Microsoft visual c++ from the last years  on the PC.

BR

Arnaud

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Arnaud1 

I've tested and it works with no problems for me. I think the problem is related to your own environment.

I suggest you to:

• Ensure that you are using the SW from ST website
  • take a look at your internal configurations.

PS:

• I personally recommend you use the STM32CubeProgrammerSTM32 ST-LINK Utility is Not recommended for new design. 
  • This can also be visual studio issue. It happens sometimes when the OS is not fully updated and 

you mentioned having a new windows PC. 

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks for your feedback.

I think that I have found the problem, it misses all .DLL file in my computer , I need to download Microsoft visual c++ from the last years  on the PC.

BR

Arnaud

Great to know about that. If you're problem is solved, chose the solution as best answer. It may be useful for other users.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Microsoft Visual C redistributables are needed for several tools, Microsoft doesn't install them by default, and doesn't want tool vendors to introduce their own .DLLs all over the place.

My go-to resource for this issue is   https://www.techpowerup.com/download/visual-c-redistributable-runtime-package-all-in-one/

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..