cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32_Network_Library General And Porting Role And Usage Examples

TRaic.1
Associate

Hello everybody!

I'm trying to port the Google IOT Core Embedded SDK to the STM32H753 ZI Nucleo-144 Board.

There is a guide that explains the functionality of the Google IOT core and the porting to one of the STM32 boards. The code used in the guide is available at this link.

In short, Google IOT core is a complete IoT service that encompasses backend and embedded code SDK that is used for communication with the said backend.

The details about protocols used and security are not important for this question, but you can take a look at this link.

I'm still in the research phase and I have some questions.

Google IOT core provides an interface to the board (MCU) that is used and that each user has to implement according to the hardware it uses.

Unfortunately, I cannot implement it in the same way as in the linked guide because I don't use a WiFi module, but ethernet.

I plan to use lwIP stack in combination with the FreeRTOS because I need lwIP's Socket API (Google IoT core requires it).

By going through the code in the guide, I noticed the usage of STM32_Network_Library, which I have no idea what it is for. (Library code)

I have only found this on the internet:

STM32_Network_Library provides APIs to access network services on STM32 devices. It supports several network adapters and protocols required by STM32Cube application using network services

By looking through its code I can see it uses some functions for interfacing the lwIP, but I cannot deduct in which way.

If you have ever used it for any purpose, I would be really thankful for your help.

My question:

• Is there any more detailed documentation?
  • Is it needed for porting some third-party application code with the lwIP?
  • If someone has experience with the mentioned Google IoT Core, did you need this library for interfacing the SDK Middleware and a network stack?

Thank you!

Tin

0 REPLIES 0