cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMBUS Stack Alert issues

VORDO
Visitor

Hi everyone

I have some issues using the X-CUBE SMBUS stack from ST.

Issue 1:

I have an issue with the alert response process. I am using 2 WB55 NUCLEO's. One is defined as host, the other is a device. Now when the device pulls alert signal low the master reads on the ARA adress. The device does not respond corretly on this read command. A normal quick command read is transfered correctly but in alert response the slave does not transmit its own address. The signals for those two commands look the same (See pictures).

image.png

If I single step through the function HAL_SMBUS_Slave_Transmit_IT(...) it works fine and the slave address is transmitted correctly as well as the PEC byte. Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be? Are there some timing issues maybe?

Issue 2:

In the error callback of the stm smbus stack it performs DeInit / Init in some cases (timeout f.e.) If alert function is used the alert interrupt is not enabled anymore in master mode. I don't know if this is an error in the stack or if I have to enable it in the application again by myselfs. How should I use the stack in this case?

Issue 3:

In the stack you will find comments that don't seem so trustworthy. Are there any updates on these topics?

Thany you for your help!

Kind regards

Dominic

0 REPLIES 0