Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem to download STM32Cube F7 firmware

Pierre Lemasson
Associate
Posted on January 23, 2017 at 09:37

Hello everyone,

I am trying to download the F7 firmware package using this link : 

https://my.st.com/content/my_st_com/en/products/embedded-software/mcus-embedded-software/stm32-embedded-software/stm32cube-embedded-software/stm32cubef7.html

but the download doesn't want to start... (it's working for other firmware like Cube F0, F4....)

Does some of you have working link ? Or an older working version ? Am I the only one with this issue ^^' ?

Thank you in advance, and have a good day !

Pierre

#download #unfitforpurpose #stm32cubef7 #firmware
28 REPLIES 28
Posted on April 24, 2017 at 15:00

Thanks for link Madam.

Posted on April 24, 2017 at 15:17

Torrents have been suggested, but no one is paying for my bandwidth. ST has got to be paying for a lot of data bandwidth that is wasted, because the system is very fragile.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7OY5pub_GfIa29FNUItWHpZWFE

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Farshid Monhseri
Associate
Posted on May 08, 2017 at 10:27

I have the same problem too ... I tried many times with Chrome and IDM and with Cube downloader but in middle of download it failed ! ... Realy I can not understand how such a problem can not be fixed. 

Posted on May 08, 2017 at 12:06

Hello Farshid,

It's problem,because st server don't give resume download option,so,you can download from above this webpage link given by imen,if it's not working then request from her to provide google drive link,so, she provide link,

Posted on May 10, 2017 at 22:09

After many tries, I could download the packages. 

It looks ST download server stop periodically ... after failing the download, you should start a new download immediately to find more time for successful download, before ST server STOP!

Posted on October 08, 2017 at 23:22

Sorry to also report that I have the same issue as others here.  First, I am an embedded developer, but this is my first experience with ST and so far, it has been very frustrating.  In order to learn, I am trying to use known-to-work code.  I'm working with code from github that is specifically designed for STM32F746-Discovery.  The code wants STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.4.0.  I have V1.8.0.  The code is a Makefile project and will not compile using V1.8.0, it dies with a ♯ include nested too deeply error with stm32746g_discovery_ts.h.

It would be extremely helpful to those of us trying to learn your systems (and be possible CUSTOMERS of your silicon products) if this software were available and easy to download.  I know I can use AC6 to get the firmware (well, 1.4.1 anyway), but I need the actual STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.4.0 as is comes from the ST site as a zip - because I am developing in a makefile environment and not Eclipse (as many here know, Eclipse is pile of scrambled eggs and is more trouble than it's worth).  If I had the file, I have a feeling the project would compile - and then I can start learning.

Please help up by providing a stable, searchable and easy to use archive section.  Otherwise, I am going to be told by my superiors to abandon ST and go elsewhere for ARM silicon.

Thanks for your attention.

Posted on October 09, 2017 at 02:28

Have v1.3.0 and v1.5.0

CubeMX can download older versions in to the repository, I have it pulling v1.4.0 but the server is a bit of a dog this evening.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on October 09, 2017 at 04:50

Ah, thanks.  In the end, I did find a way to get it.  I have SW4STM32 (Ac6) installed and used the download library option of 'help' to get V140.  I did this with a windows 7 machine and found it after it expanded from the zip file (which was also there) downloaded. 

The good part is that doing this did, in fact, allow me to compile and test all of the code in the example project I downloaded.  It is also apparent that once development commences using a particular version of the 'firmware' code, it may be difficult to upgrade the firmware.  I'm now archiving STM32Cube_FW_F7 versions as I see need for them.  I will probably use your google-drive for that - so thank you.