cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Networking not getting IP address in Azure RTOs on Nucleo-H723ZG platform

SLimi.1
Associate III

I implemented the solution found in the online workshop for the NetX Duo Webserver. The demo worked as expected. I then attempted to rebuild my own solution from scratch using STM32CubeMX to create the project, and add all the cheat sheet items in STD32CubeIDE. The firmware builds, but the Azure RTOS never gets the IP address from DHCP. I tried a static IP address, and I am not able to even ping the board. It is as if the network stack is not working at all. The demo uses older version of Netx Duo and threadx than the latest I am using in STM32Cube repository. Does any one have an idea what I missed? I have attached the project. The code fails on getting the semaphore just before retrieving the IP address.

5 REPLIES 5
SLimi.1
Associate III

If I re-install the NetX Duo Webserver binary, the board runs as expected. Then I download my built from scratch binary, the board runs and I get an IP address. As soon as I power off and power back on, the firmware crashes.

The NetX Duo Webserver is based on an older package set. I have tested different package version and the same result.

Is there some register that is being set in the NetX Duo Webserver project that is not being set in the newer code?

Yes, looks so. Something is not initialized in your binary.

SLimi.1
Associate III

I am not getting any faults on initialization calls to the HAL, UART, etc. The workshop demo enabled MPU, I-Cache, and D-Cache. I tested with these enabled and disable, same result. I have performed code comparisons using WinMerge and there is not much difference between the code bases.

SLimi.1
Associate III

Removed Ethernet initialization, which got past the Hardfault. Now the code fails on the DHCP semaphore. It appears the network stack never sends out the request for an address, and the call back on the semaphore is never made.

Still no resolution.

Poleshift
Associate II

Hi!
I hope you have gotten past this semaphore by now.
As I'm reading this, I wonder if you have noticed that after the DHCP Discover (broadcasted by your board), has there been a DHCP Offer response? (from a DHCP server). In my case, I get stuck on the DHCP semaphore because the network I have connected my board to (just a simple ethernet switch, without router) doesn't have a DHCP server. In wireshark I see that the poor board broadcast the DHCP discovery but nothing is there to respond to it.
I can also see the docking station on there, it also broadcast DHCP discovery but is quick to fall back on ARP Probe to see if it can just claim an IP address. 
If you can, monitor network activity with e.g. wireshark, see how the board behaves with the original workshop code vs. your own take.