cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Latest version for ST Link Nucleo

bh0pu
Associate II

Kindly provide me the latest Firmware version for the above-mentioned Product along with the necessary instruction to upload it using STM32 ST Link Utility.
We are currently getting old firmware issues screenshot attached
Please assist us regarding this at high priority.

7 REPLIES 7
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @bh0pu and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

ST Link Utility is not recommended for new design. You should switch to STM32CubeProgrammer

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

bh0pu
Associate II

I have utility already installed on several computers in my automation line along iwth this nucleo hardware 
Could you please just help to update the firmware version thats all 

That's not how this woks.

What version ST-LINK ?

What NUCLEO board they make literally dozens of them.

There's a standalone app/download to update the ST-LINK's firmware can you use that? Or can't you be that flexible to solve your problem? 

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

STM32L152 Nucleo-64
STM32 ST-Link Utility.exe V3.8.0
ST Link USB Driver.dll v4.4.0.0
ST Link_CL.exe v2.4.0

bh0pu_0-1713772340616.png

I have utility already installed on several computers in my automation line along iwth this nucleo hardware 
Could you please just help to update the firmware version thats all 

To upgrade the ST Link FW you need either to to use STM32CubeProgrammer or ST-LinkUpgrade utility downloadable from here. There is no other solution.

As stated above ST-Link utility is obsolete since a while and no more supported. 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

So rather old.

You only need to update the ST-LINK's firmware on one machine.

What error specifically are you seeing and what firmware version is on each of the ST-LINK's

The stand-alone ST-LINK firmware update tool can be found here.  https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stsw-link007.html

ST-LINK Utilities are very old and deprecated, they are not going to see an update/upgrade. Time to move on, or look at Segger J-Link or pro-tools

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

If you have STM32CubeIDE, it will do the update automatically ...