cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

__LL_ADC_CALC_VREFANALOG_VOLTAGE returns unexpected result

Jorgie
Associate III

I am using a Nucleo-u083rc to run the ADC_MultiChannelSingleConversion Application from STM32Cube MCU Package for STM32U0 series `

However, when using the helper function the value returned is completely wrong:

uhADCxConvertedData[1] = 1503. Which is what I'd expect, however, the value returned by the helper function is 65185.

uhADCxConvertedData_VrefAnalog_mVolt = __LL_ADC_CALC_VREFANALOG_VOLTAGE(uhADCxConvertedData[1], LL_ADC_RESOLUTION_12B);

This means the following code returns the wrong values

/* Computation of ADC conversions raw data to physical values           */
      /* using LL ADC driver helper macro.                                    */
      uhADCxConvertedData_VoltageGPIO_mVolt        = __LL_ADC_CALC_DATA_TO_VOLTAGE(uhADCxConvertedData_VrefAnalog_mVolt, uhADCxConvertedData[0], LL_ADC_RESOLUTION_12B);
      uhADCxConvertedData_VrefInt_mVolt            = __LL_ADC_CALC_DATA_TO_VOLTAGE(uhADCxConvertedData_VrefAnalog_mVolt, uhADCxConvertedData[1], LL_ADC_RESOLUTION_12B);
      hADCxConvertedData_Temperature_DegreeCelsius = __LL_ADC_CALC_TEMPERATURE(uhADCxConvertedData_VrefAnalog_mVolt, uhADCxConvertedData[2], LL_ADC_RESOLUTION_12B);

If I replace the previous code with the following:

/* Computation of ADC conversions raw data to physical values           */
      /* using LL ADC driver helper macro.                                    */
      uhADCxConvertedData_VoltageGPIO_mVolt        = __LL_ADC_CALC_DATA_TO_VOLTAGE(VDDA_APPLI, uhADCxConvertedData[0], LL_ADC_RESOLUTION_12B);
      uhADCxConvertedData_VrefInt_mVolt            = __LL_ADC_CALC_DATA_TO_VOLTAGE(VDDA_APPLI, uhADCxConvertedData[1], LL_ADC_RESOLUTION_12B);
      hADCxConvertedData_Temperature_DegreeCelsius = __LL_ADC_CALC_TEMPERATURE(VDDA_APPLI, uhADCxConvertedData[2], LL_ADC_RESOLUTION_12B);

The correct values are calculated for:

huADCxConvertedData_VoltageGPIO_mVolt and

hADCxConvertedData_Temperature_DegreeCelsius

What am I missing about the helper macro?

Regards

Sean

0 REPLIES 0