cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with STM32H750 interface development with TI CC3135 wifi module.

HPosh.1
Associate

I am using cc3135 wireless module to interface with STM32f4 for the application of Mqtt Client. I ported driver library to stm32h750 disco board successfully. But with application copied form TI CC31xx sdk, the stm cube shows some liker errors. If anyone can help to resolve the issue I will appreciate your efforts.

C:/Users/rposhtiwala/Documents/cici_Suechef/CodeRepo/suechef/firmware/STM32H750-DK_main/STM32H750-DK_480M/Debug/../ti/drivers/net/mqtt/interface/mqttclient.c:859: undefined reference to `pthread_mutex_destroy'
c:\st\stm32cubeide_1.6.1\stm32cubeide\plugins\com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.gnu-tools-for-stm32.9-2020-q2-update.win32_2.0.0.202105311346\tools\arm-none-eabi\bin\ld.exe: C:/Users/rposhtiwala/Documents/cici_Suechef/CodeRepo/suechef/firmware/STM32H750-DK_main/STM32H750-DK_480M/Debug/../ti/drivers/net/mqtt/interface/mqttclient.c:865: undefined reference to `pthread_mutex_destroy'
c:\st\stm32cubeide_1.6.1\stm32cubeide\plugins\com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.gnu-tools-for-stm32.9-2020-q2-update.win32_2.0.0.202105311346\tools\arm-none-eabi\bin\ld.exe: C:/Users/rposhtiwala/Documents/cici_Suechef/CodeRepo/suechef/firmware/STM32H750-DK_main/STM32H750-DK_480M/Debug/../ti/drivers/net/mqtt/interface/mqttclient.c:870: undefined reference to `sem_destroy'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [makefile:80: STM32H750-DK_480M.elf] Error 1
"make -j4 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

13:40:59 Build Failed. 41 errors, 1 warnings. (took 3s.917ms)

4 REPLIES 4

Says you're missing source/libraries with the actual code for pthread_mutex_destroy and sem_destroy

.H include files can define the interfaces, the body code will be in .C files

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
TDK
Guru

These functions are part of the pthread library. Try compiling with the -pthread option. Although I wouldn't be surprised if these aren't available on STM32 by default. Perhaps an RTOS is needed by the library which would include these tools.

https://www.freertos.org/API/FreeRTOS_POSIX_pthread.html

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
HPosh.1
Associate

Thanks for prompt response.

For your reference, I am using STM Cubemx for my firmware architecture and using FreeRTOS as middleware.

Could you please share any direct reference document/link for porting mqtt_client_app to STM32H750.

Honestly, I am using CC31xx wifi module first time. So, required spoon-feeding

I would be overwhelmed, if you can help regarding.

TDK
Guru

> Could you please share any direct reference document/link for porting mqtt_client_app to STM32H750.

I doubt such a specific document exists.

Solving a problem requires a certain amount of expertise on your end as well. For niche applications, example code is often not available and real programming must take place.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".