cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a Zephyr driver for X-NUCLEO-GNSS2A1?

lastgame
Associate

Hello All

I am using zephyr RTOS on NUCLEO-F767ZI board. 

I am considering using the NUCLEO-F767ZI board to use GNSS data.

Is there a Zephyr driver for X-NUCLEO-GNSS2A1?

Regards

TaeHo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sarra.S
ST Employee

Hello again @lastgame,

For any shield you want to use that's not already availble under boards>shields, you'll need to manually add the shield configuration files available under /boards/shields:

which are: 

•  shield.overlay : provides a shield description in devicetree format that is merged with the board’s devicetree before compilation.
  • Kconfig.shield : defines shield Kconfig symbols that will be used for default shield configuration.
  • Kconfig.defconfig: defines the default shield configuration 

For the connectors and the compatibility between the nucleo board and the module/shield, it should work without adding anything, just make sure that the board.dts includes a description of the connector you're going to use (Arduino connectors for hence: zephyr/boards/st/nucleo_f767zi/arduino_r3_connector.dtsi at main · zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr · GitHubthat's it for the Zephyr configuration part, for the U-blox module, I'm afraid I am not familiar nor used it in the past. 

Hope that helps!

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Sarra.S
ST Employee

Hello @lastgame 

As you may know, available shield drivers are listed in Zephyr> board> Shields 

for the X-NUCLEO-GNSS2A1 there are no developed drivers yet.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello Sarra

Thanks for the reply.

My initial requirements are...
The U-BLOX module(for getting GPS data) needs to be connected to the NUCLEO-F767ZI.

Q. What shield boards do I need for connecting U-blox module? (USB connection with power)

Q. To use that shield board, I don't need a driver for zephyr, right? It's needed for a simple connection.

Regards
TaeHo

Sarra.S
ST Employee

Hello again @lastgame,

For any shield you want to use that's not already availble under boards>shields, you'll need to manually add the shield configuration files available under /boards/shields:

which are: 

•  shield.overlay : provides a shield description in devicetree format that is merged with the board’s devicetree before compilation.
  • Kconfig.shield : defines shield Kconfig symbols that will be used for default shield configuration.
  • Kconfig.defconfig: defines the default shield configuration 

For the connectors and the compatibility between the nucleo board and the module/shield, it should work without adding anything, just make sure that the board.dts includes a description of the connector you're going to use (Arduino connectors for hence: zephyr/boards/st/nucleo_f767zi/arduino_r3_connector.dtsi at main · zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr · GitHubthat's it for the Zephyr configuration part, for the U-blox module, I'm afraid I am not familiar nor used it in the past. 

Hope that helps!