cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to power on nucleo board from an external power supply and debug the code via USB?

WKhan.2
Associate II

Hi community members, I wanted to ask is it possible to power on the nucleo board from an external source and debug it via USB connected to a laptop? I want to keep the power source and external circuit connected to my nulceo board separated from my laptop but at the same time I want to debug the code. Is it possible to do so, and is it the safest approach?

Looking forward to the valuable suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

BR,

WK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dear @WKhan.2​ ,

Please refer to the STM32G4 Nucleo-64 board user manual UM2505 / section 6.4 Power supply which describes the different power supply configurations.

For debugging while using an external power supply: please refer to the section 6.4.1 Debugging while using VIN or EXT as an external power supply

Hope this answered your question.

SofLit

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SofLit
ST Employee

Dear @WEE KAI BOON​ 

Which Nucleo board you are using?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

@Community member​  thanks for the reply, I am using Nucleo board G474RE.

Dear @WKhan.2​ ,

Please refer to the STM32G4 Nucleo-64 board user manual UM2505 / section 6.4 Power supply which describes the different power supply configurations.

For debugging while using an external power supply: please refer to the section 6.4.1 Debugging while using VIN or EXT as an external power supply

Hope this answered your question.

SofLit