cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am getting FR_NOT_ENABLED error when i am trying to do File read write operation on SD card i need to know why am getting this error as my sd card is completely empty and RF_NOT_ENABLED is saying nothing but there is not enough space on logical drive.

smore.1
Associate II

I am getting FR_NOT_ENABLED error when i am trying to do File read write operation on SD card i need to know why am getting this error as my sd card is completely empty and RF_NOT_ENABLED is saying nothing but there is not enough space on logical drive.

Hello , I need to now why i am getting FR_NOT_ENABLED Error , I am getting FR_NOT_ENABLED error when i am trying to do File read write operation on SD card i need to know why am getting this error as my sd card is completely empty and RF_NOT_ENABLED is saying nothing but there is not enough space on logical drive. I am just creating a file in write append mode and reading it but it keeps giving me this FR_NOT_ENABLED Error.

How can i get rid off this error?

4 REPLIES 4

Likely not mounted properly.

If the DISKIO layer is not working or properly validated you'll see all manner of issues at the top-level. Ensure that's working flawlessly first.

If the media is not formatted, or uses a file system that's not supported by your current build options, it will not be usable. Check the ff_conf.h settings, and that they are appropriate, ie EXFAT, etc.

ST ships an OLD version of FatFS, for large volumes this is perhaps inadvisable.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
AScha.3
Chief II

....info: i have SD + USB access running, with HAL libs, FATfs , exfat;

no problem to read 64GB sdcard or usbstick. (i dont have bigger..)

so FR_NOT_ENABLED is possibly sign for: your hardware dont work at all.

first try:

fresult = f_mount(&SDfs, (TCHAR const*)SDPath, 1); // SD card mount

result ok ?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
smore.1
Associate II

Thanks for your response , i am getting FR_NOT_ENABLED for f_mount as well.Actually it was working fine but when i am connecting SD card to my PC it gives me virus and threat warning and any file write operation does not work and when i format it and scan it then it(File operation) works fine but each time i have to scan and format it to get rid of FR_NOT_ENABLED error. Is this error because of virus in device or is there something else i should try. I tried plain SD card FATFS sample driver code still it gives same FR_NOT_ENABLED Status for f_mount and also to f_write.

I checked for diskio is working properly or not , its working fine but i have to scan my device each time to get rid off FR_NOT_ENABLED_ERROR i am not understanding this.