cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate bootloader is not consistent across documentation for STM32G051K8Tx (I do not know about other processors.)

KiptonM
Lead

AN2606 Rev 55 Page 241/432 says "... bootloader is activated by applying Pattern 6... Table 2"

AN2606 page 27/432 Table 2, Pattern 6.

Boot0(pin) = 1, nBoot1(bit) = 1, nBoot0_SW(bit) = 1

Boot0(bit) = 0, nBoot1(bit) = 1, nBoot0_SW(bit) = 0

Other two cases are when Flash memory is empty. I do not care about those cases at the moment, but I am glad they are there.

First issue:

RM0444 Rev 5, Page 81/1390 there is no bit nBoot0_SW. There is also no "BOOT0" bit (There is an nBOOT0 bit)

Second issue: assuming it was a typographical error, and nBoot0_SW is the same as nBoot_SEL it still does not work.

nBoot_SEL is defined on page 82/1390 as

Bit 24 nBOOT_SEL: Boot0 signal source selection

This option defines the source of the BOOT0 signal:

0: BOOT0 pin (Legacy mode)

1: nBOOT0 option bit

There is a Table 8 on page 66&67 of RM0444 that says to boot into system memory (which I assume is the Bootloader, why not use the same names across documents?)

BOOT_LOCK = 0, nBOOT1 = 1, BOOT0 = 1 nBOOT_SEL = 0, nBOOT0 = x

or

BOOT_LOCK = 0, nBOOT1 = 1, BOOT0 = x nBOOT_SEL = 1, nBOOT0 = 0

So the first one is what I need for my case. That is a lot different than Pattern 6.

And Table 8 does not cover the case of the EMPTY bit which was addressed in Pattern 6. It is covered in the Empty check paragraph, but it would be simpler if it were included in Table 8. (And the corrected Pattern 6) .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hi @KiptonM​,

This issue is fixed in AN2606 Rev 56 found under this Link.

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @KiptonM​ ,

I confirm that the boot on system memory description in the AN2606 is not aligned with the Boot modes in RM0444.

I reported this issue internally. 

I will get back to you with more details as soon as possible.

Internal ticket number: 134580 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @KiptonM​,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

The AN2606 is wrong and the STM32G05xxx/061xx bootloader is activated by applying Pattern 11.

This typo will be corrected in the next revision of AN2606.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Thank you

Kaouthar

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hi @KiptonM​,

This issue is fixed in AN2606 Rev 56 found under this Link.

Thank you.

Kaouthar