cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when runing USB_OTG_FS with RTOS for pendrive application.

Padma Kumari
Associate

Hello Everyone,

First of all I have run the project with STM32H745I + USB_OTG_FS + FATFS + MSHC for the pendrive application and it runs without any error, I am able to create a file, directrory & write into the file.

But when I add FreeRTOS in the same combination of existing project I can only mount the USB after that I stuck in HardFault handler. I don't know what the exact setting I have to do with FreeRTOS.

If anyone have idea please help me out.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Padma Kumari
Associate

Hello Everyone,

I have solved this problem, There were some settings to be done with FreeRTOS feature.

Missing settings were:

In USB_HOST_M7 Mode USBH_PROCESS_STACK_SIZE value should be 8*128 words with no check. USBH_PROCESS_PRIO value can be normal(default) or below normal. Another setting will be default.

In FATFAS_M7 setting set USE_LFN to Enable LFN with dynamic working buffer on the HEAP. USE_STRFUNC will be disabled.

For clock setting you can use the below parameters:

/* PLL3 for USB Clock */

PeriphClkInitStruct.PLL3.PLL3M = 25;

PeriphClkInitStruct.PLL3.PLL3N = 336;

PeriphClkInitStruct.PLL3.PLL3FRACN = 0;

PeriphClkInitStruct.PLL3.PLL3P = 2;

PeriphClkInitStruct.PLL3.PLL3R = 2;

PeriphClkInitStruct.PLL3.PLL3Q = 7; /* 336/7 =48Mhz*/

The timer on which FreeRTOS works Keep their priority at 4 and the priority of USB global interrupt is lower than 4 or can keep 15.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Padma Kumari
Associate

Hello Everyone,

I have solved this problem, There were some settings to be done with FreeRTOS feature.

Missing settings were:

In USB_HOST_M7 Mode USBH_PROCESS_STACK_SIZE value should be 8*128 words with no check. USBH_PROCESS_PRIO value can be normal(default) or below normal. Another setting will be default.

In FATFAS_M7 setting set USE_LFN to Enable LFN with dynamic working buffer on the HEAP. USE_STRFUNC will be disabled.

For clock setting you can use the below parameters:

/* PLL3 for USB Clock */

PeriphClkInitStruct.PLL3.PLL3M = 25;

PeriphClkInitStruct.PLL3.PLL3N = 336;

PeriphClkInitStruct.PLL3.PLL3FRACN = 0;

PeriphClkInitStruct.PLL3.PLL3P = 2;

PeriphClkInitStruct.PLL3.PLL3R = 2;

PeriphClkInitStruct.PLL3.PLL3Q = 7; /* 336/7 =48Mhz*/

The timer on which FreeRTOS works Keep their priority at 4 and the priority of USB global interrupt is lower than 4 or can keep 15.

Thanks!