cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Azure RTOS Project for STM32L4S5 Discovery Kit

SLimi.1
Associate III

Using the STM32L4S5 Discovery Kit board (B-L4S5I-IOT01A), I have gone through the sample CMAKE getting started projects from Microsoft as well as tested the STM32Cube IDE sample projects. Both packages appear to be developed by ST. The CMKAKE version actually sends data to Azure IoT Central from the sensors. The IDE samples only simulates data. With STM32Cube IDE, I was able to create a simple Azure RTOS project to send Hello World for standard output.

Re-creating the sample projects for the Discovery Kit to connect to Azure IoT Central and send temp data from the HTS221 is unclear. The IDE samples don't have .IOC files to understand what components where added.

1. Is the STMicroelectronics.X-CUBE-MEMS1 parts the correct board parts to add to the project? I attempted to add them, but the HTS221 driver looks a little different than the HTS221 driver from the CMAKE example.
  2. What component contains the WiFi driver for the board?
  3. How is the Azure RTOS SDK added to the project? Is there a software package or is this downloaded from Microsoft Azure RTOS Git site?

1 REPLY 1
Haithem Rahmani
ST Employee

Hi @SLimi.1​ 

have a look at this repo: https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/Azure-cloud-samples

it contains a demo connecting the STM32L4S5 DK board to Azure Cloud.

Hope it helps.

regards

Haithem.