cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B-L475E Azure example

SBade.1
Associate II

Has anyone gotten the B-L475E-IOT01 board azure sample to build properly. I noticed that it is not set up to do any PostBuild processing. I took the Postbuild step from the F413 board example and put it into the project. It's failing with prepareimage.py (I'm on a mac, but am going to try and do this on a windows machine shortly) sayign that the image is to large to combine with the SBSFU image. I'd be happy with just having a secure firmware image of the Azure application only to upload into it

1 REPLY 1
Guillaume K
ST Employee

Hi

If you are on a Mac, I guess you are using System Workbench IDE ? When compiling X-Cube-Azure V1.2.0 with SW4STM32 for B-L475E-IOT01 there's not enough space in flash memory to have Secure Boot and Secure Firmware update. The Azure SDK takes some space and the SBSFU too. When SBSFU is used, less than half the Flash memory is available for the application. The other half is reserved to download the new version of the application. The STM32L475 has 1 MByte flash so there is less than 512 KB for the application. The SBSFU also uses a part of this Flash memory space.

Don't re-use the SBSFU postbuild for STM32F413 it's not compatible with STM32L4s.

With IAR EWARM and Keil MDK-ARM IDEs the compiled code is smaller and there is enough room to use SBSFU on B-L475E-IOT01.

Another solution would be to remove some features in Azure C SDK (ex: the properties serializer). But the application must be adapted to not use any more these features.

Or decide to use another STM32 with more Flash memory.