cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the specific part number used as the pin headers for nucleo 144 boards?

SRyan.2
Associate II

I want to stuff the extra connectors so that I can plug the nucleo onto a backboard, but I want to make sure that they are the same length.. I have been unable to find what appear to be compatible connectors in stock anywhere?​.

This has to be a frequent need but I have just been unlucky at finding the information.​

5 REPLIES 5

There should be a BOM under the CAD Resources tab.

T​he receiving pins would just be double wide 0.1" strips in a handful of lengths. Sort of stuff you can get at samtec in thru-hole or SMD forms.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thanks Tesla,

I've looked through some of the BOM's but the post numbers that I found didn't seem to match the dimensions of the installed headers.

What I am looking for is not mating pins, but the same extended post headers used on the default stuffed connectors. (Nucleo-144) comes with 4 connectors stuffed, but 2 additional outer rows that can be stuffed to expose many more signals. ​I would like to find matching connectors so the pins out the bottom all contact at the same point and the headers on the top all share the same plane and have matching contact points. We are using these in some test fixtures for inhouse designed STM32 parts and want to make things as simple as possible.

FThie.1
Associate II

I looked on my Nucleo L5 BOM ( https://www.st.com/resource/en/bill_of_materials/mb1361_bom.zip )

and found some Samtec SSW-1xx-23-x-D.

The datasheet is here: https://suddendocs.samtec.com/catalog_english/ssw_th.pdf

and the "23" in the part reference indicates some low insertion force 10mm pins

CN8 Socket, 8x2, 2.54mm, VR, TH, Height 8.51mm/10mm, Low insertion force SAMTEC SSW-108-23-x-D

CN7 Socket, 10x2, 2.54mm, VR, TH, Height 8.51mm/10mm, Low insertion force SAMTEC SSW-110-23-x-D

CN9 Socket, 15x2, 2.54mm, VR, TH, Height 8.51mm/10mm, Low insertion force SAMTEC SSW-115-23-x-D

CN10 Socket, 17x2, 2.54mm, VR, TH, Height 8.51mm/10mm, Low insertion force SAMTEC SSW-117-23-x-D

CN11, CN12 Header, 35x2, 2,54mm, VR, TH, Height 5.84mm/2.54mm SAMTEC TSW-135-07-x-D Not Fitted 0

Might be custom order, where the x is flexible. Perhaps talk to you local ST FAE, or SAMTEC

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

x is the plating of the pins

0693W00000QKo6cQAD.png