cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UM2488 H745-DISCO/H750-DK omission of detail

https://www.st.com/resource/en/user_manual/um2488-discovery-kits-with-stm32h745xi-and-stm32h750xb-mcus-stmicroelectronics.pdf

In the pin list fails to identify the QSPI NCS pin candidates, I had to review schematic

PG6 QSPI_BK1_NCS, PC11 QSPI_BK2_NCS / SDIO_D3

Could do a better job of identify USART3 with the VCP pins in the list. USART3 mentioned once only

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
4 REPLIES 4
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

+ same about C0316-DK.

The UM could explain better how to use the VCP on ST-LINK vs. external (BT) UART.

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello,

Thank you @Community member​ for bringing this issue to our attention and I reported internally.

Internal ticket number: 146592 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

@Pavel A.​ , your request is already shared internally.

Internal ticket number: 146616 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello @Pavel A.​ ,

Please check UM2969 chapter 7.2 CN2 connector and chapter 6.5.3 for VCP and UART description on HW side.

Could you please tell us what you expect as "explain better how to use the VCP on ST-LINK vs. external (BT) UART". What are the missing details?

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you Kaouthar for replying. I don't have a BT adapter referenced in C0316-DK docum and want to use USART1 TX & RX via VCP of the included ST-LINK-mods. But TX from STM32C0 doesn't go out. The schematic shows some interconnection of the USART1 pins with the "BT" connector. One of DIP switches also can be related.

Or I'm using the wrong USART or pins.

So I'd appreciate if clear instructions for this usage were included in the user guide.