cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32f103vdt6 design

AGERE.192
Associate II

Hello!

I have designed a custom board, i have attached the schematic of it. My problem is that I have an ST-link v2 and i cant connect to it, i get target not found. Is my schematic correct or I have missed something? I have power and ground on all necessary pins on my board. I connected VDD, GND, SWDIO and SWCLK to my board from the ST-link, I used pins 1, 7, 9, 20. I tried to swap the pins of the data and clock signals, and all the settings in the ST-Link utility. My programmers firmware is up to date.

Best regards,

Attila

15 REPLIES 15

I think this is the case, I attach a picture. But I think that I confused it. I hate these on concrete situations, in the datasheet I have seen only one circle on the top of the IC. And on mine there are 2.0690X00000AqSorQAF.jpg

That chip is upside down.

With the text right side up, pin 1 is at the bottom left on the chip.

Agreed, it's confusing with two marks.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Thx, for the fast responses. I have any chance that my IC could work? It doesnt heated up or consumed high currents. Anyway I order some new pieces.

Based on my experience shorting stuff out and making hardware errors in general on stm32 chips, I would guess it still works. But it depends on what exactly it saw.
If it only saw 3.3v max at any pin, and the power supply was current limited, it’s probably fine for a benchtop test unit. Only one way to find out for sure though.
If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Orientation FTW, I just need to redeem my points

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Yes, today I got it off and soldered in the right way. And I can communicate with it through SWD. Thanks for your answers! I test everything with current limit of 10mA, and this consumed under it with the wrong orientation too.