cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding development boards

AkshayMR
Associate

We are using STM32H743BIT6 microcontroller in our project. Which is the development board that we need to buy and use for this microcontroller for prototyping and development purpose? Can we use STM32H753I-EVAL2?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The STM32H743BIT6 has the package LQFP208. As there is not an evaluation board for each of the thousands of STM32, you can use the board with the next larger STM32 if you need that many pins. In your case, this is indeed the STM32H753I-EVAL. It also has an AES crypto unit (H753 = H743 + Crypto), but you can simply ignore it.

Hope that helps?

Good luck!
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The STM32H743BIT6 has the package LQFP208. As there is not an evaluation board for each of the thousands of STM32, you can use the board with the next larger STM32 if you need that many pins. In your case, this is indeed the STM32H753I-EVAL. It also has an AES crypto unit (H753 = H743 + Crypto), but you can simply ignore it.

Hope that helps?

Good luck!
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

@AkshayMR wrote:

Which is the development board that we need to buy and use for this microcontroller for prototyping and development purpose? Can we use STM32H753I-EVAL2?

You can always answer that question by going to the Product Page for the chip in question, and looking on the 'Tools & Software' tab:

https://www.st.com/en/microcontrollers-microprocessors/stm32h743bi.html#tools-software

In this case, you will see four boards listed - which do, indeed, include the STM32H753I-EVAL2:

AndrewNeil_0-1718788725162.png

AndrewNeil_1-1718788743050.png