cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem connecting ST LINK V3 MINIE

zsx
Associate II

Hello everyone, Im last year student and this is my bachelors project. Im having problems connecting my ST link V3 minie. I will add my schematic below.

At first I tried conecting it and nothing happens. Just error message that says "Target not found" (Im using STM Cube programer). Then i tried using St-link v2 (that cheap clone) and in normal mode i was getting the same fault message. Then i tried Hot plug mode and for second im able to see registers and etc, but then i get error message that says "couldnt get core id" and then "conection with device is lost"or smth like this. Then i tried getting back on V3 minie and im still getting "Target not found". Maybe i should try connect nRst pin with pull up resistor and cap to ground? I cant think of anything else. I am thankful for all the answers

Ekrano kopija 2024-03-28 205646.png

4 REPLIES 4
AScha.3
Principal III

nrst  - cap (100n) to gnd : is mandatory. PUT it there.

ST link V3 minie needs VDD 3,3v from target connected, otherwise no success. RTFM.

If no reset connection, connect with "software reset" setting.

+ have short wires and good ground connection, otherwise strayed in EMI, mains spikes etc will break the debug connection.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

I tries adding cap and procide 3.3 V to stlink from the target, but i still get “no stm32 target found. If your product embeds debug authetication, please perform discovery using debug authentication”

AScha.3
Principal III

Try: connect pin 23 to gnd....that will help the cpu to work. 🙂

AScha3_0-1711704739283.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Im blind. Thank you