cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing PG11 on Nucleo UM2581 Board

eye1
Associate II

Hi All,

Is there an errata for the STM32L5 Nucleo board?

I need to use the SPI on port G which requires PG11 for SPI MOSI.

However in the schematic for the board, PG11 is missing from the schematic symbol (see page 3) and there is a gap.  The pin numbers in the symbol keep incrementing though.

https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/layouts_and_diagrams/schematic_pack/group1/0f/01/93/eb/32/a6/42/56/MB1361-L552ZEQ-C02_Schematic/files/MB1361-L552ZEQ-C02_Schematic.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.MB1361-L552ZEQ-C02_Schematic.pdf

PG11 Missing.png

PG11 is also missing from the Nucleo Pinout table (page 39).

https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/user_manual/group1/ad/a4/bd/5e/14/15/4e/e8/DM00615305/files/DM00615305.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00615305.pdf

eye1_1-1715799342927.png

In the STM32L552xx datasheet (page 86), PG11 is assigned 126.

eye1_0-1715799209577.png

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Same Data Sheet, different page

Not sure of the SPI options on GPIOG. If other option aren't available you'll need to bit-bang the interface.

ST is known for making a lot of unhelpful choices with their pin mux/escape strategy.

Perhaps don't use -Q parts for your designs, and find other break-out options 

Perhaps look at NUCLEO-L4R5ZI rather than NUCLEO-L4R5ZI-P

Check the STM32L45ZI vs STM32L522ZE pin outs.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

You need to look at the -Q (SMPS) device, it's apt to have moved the pins around.

stm32l522xxxQ_144_smps.jpg

You're looking / comparing the Wrong part. The Q parts cause all manner of pin compatibility headaches

eye1
Associate II

Hi Tesla DeLorean,

Thank you for the fast reply! 
I see your point about the Q part and that I was looking at the wrong datasheet.  Many Thanks.

Does this mean that the PG11 pin isn't accessible in the Q package?  Or is there another way to access the SPI MOSI on Port G? 

The motivation for wanting to use the Port G SPI is to have SPI at a different voltage with VDDIO2.

Thank you.

Same Data Sheet, different page

Not sure of the SPI options on GPIOG. If other option aren't available you'll need to bit-bang the interface.

ST is known for making a lot of unhelpful choices with their pin mux/escape strategy.

Perhaps don't use -Q parts for your designs, and find other break-out options 

Perhaps look at NUCLEO-L4R5ZI rather than NUCLEO-L4R5ZI-P

Check the STM32L45ZI vs STM32L522ZE pin outs.

eye1
Associate II

Thank you Tesla DeLorean,

Appreciate the feedback.  Normally we use the non-Q version in our custom boards, however we were looking to prototype a new design and thought we could get to the testing phase extremely quick with a simple shield and a Nucleo.  Doesn't look like this is the case though.

Appreciate your very fast replies!

Take care,