cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keil compiler license for STM32G0

MaxC
Associate III

Hello everybody,

I read from following webpage that Keil IDE is free for STM32 Cortex-M0/M0+ development, I think it's related to an agreement between STM and Keil developer.

https://arm-sc10xp1-pre-prod-cd.azurewebsites.net/tools-and-software/embedded/keil-mdk/buy/stmicroelectronics

My question is: Does this "free" license cover also commercial product development based on Cortex-M0/M0+ (like STM32G0 ) ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

As far as I can read from the arm KEIL home page, MDKARM can also be used free of charge for commercial applications for users of Cortex-M0/M0+ derivatives of STM32, but limited to a code size of 256 KB. You'll also find the current Product Serial Number (PSN) at the URL you mentioned before. A similar topic regarding the Product Serial Number / License Key was discussed here.

If in doubt, it is best to ask Keil for final confirmation of this, which you are welcome to report back here.

Hope that helps?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

As far as I can read from the arm KEIL home page, MDKARM can also be used free of charge for commercial applications for users of Cortex-M0/M0+ derivatives of STM32, but limited to a code size of 256 KB. You'll also find the current Product Serial Number (PSN) at the URL you mentioned before. A similar topic regarding the Product Serial Number / License Key was discussed here.

If in doubt, it is best to ask Keil for final confirmation of this, which you are welcome to report back here.

Hope that helps?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

@MaxC wrote:

Does this "free" license cover also commercial product development based on Cortex-M0/M0+ (like STM32G0) ?

You really need to ask Keil (ie, ARM) that - it's their product, and their licence terms.

https://www.arm.com/company/contact-us 

But the Keil Home page does say:

AndrewNeil_1-1710511536867.png

You might also want to use the feedback options on that page:

AndrewNeil_0-1710511257783.png