cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the STM32G4 Nucleo-144 development board a 'work in progress'

jnewcomb
Associate II

My question is this - is one presently being worked on?

Any further details a bonus..

For the 'G' series, I'm really missing not having the ability to use the extra pins, including the TRACE when prototyping on my J-TRACE.

I know there is the eval kit, but they are not really practical for prototyping or 'hooking into' my projects.

I understand it will need an upgraded STLINK device and the STM32G series micro pin-out is different from the STM32F series..

Many thanks Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Andrea Canepa
Senior

It would certainly be an interesting object. Unfortunately for the G4 series there is no 144 pins version, necessary to be used on the Nucleo144. So if in the future they decide to create a 144 pin container, it will probably be done, but I think it will be a long story yet.

Regards

Andrea

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Andrea Canepa
Senior

It would certainly be an interesting object. Unfortunately for the G4 series there is no 144 pins version, necessary to be used on the Nucleo144. So if in the future they decide to create a 144 pin container, it will probably be done, but I think it will be a long story yet.

Regards

Andrea

jnewcomb
Associate II

Thanks Andrea, well spotted.

So instead they have instead decided to create a whole new LQFP128 package only used on the G series. Interesting logic!

If anyone knows of an alternative prototype dev board with accessible trace pins, please post here.

I created one called the "STM32F446VET Development board with ETM TRACE" on easyeda. If I get time I'll look into doing one for the STM32G474V. It would be a good start if anyone wants to create one sooner..

I think that since the G4 is a product intended for motor control, not many pins are needed: a 100 pin is sufficient for all needs, then for slow I/O needs the I2C expansions can be used. So 128 pins are even too many, and I don't think they will make a 144 pin.

Andrea