cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to use STM32f407 discovery board for ECU design. So I used battery=12V and I have to design Buck converter but I didn't find anywhere discovery board electrical characteristic. How much amper is fit discovery board? Please help me.

AEKME.1
Associate II

12 REPLIES 12

The Nucleo-64 boards come already equipped with a LD1117S50TR and support external VIN 7V-12V DC.

If this is being connected in a real car, or to a real engine and automobile electrical system, designing for 12VDC input will NOT be sufficient. Vehicle power systems are hostile environments, with voltage spikes and dump currents/voltages that far exceed 12V. In fact, nominal voltage is 13-14V with the engine running. There are specially designed voltage regulator ICs for this.

One example:

https://www.analog.com/en/analog-dialogue/articles/protecting-and-powering-automotive-electronics-systems-with-no-switching-noise.html

Thank you for your advice. You're right but I need current limit at discovery board . I would like to use this buck converter other sensor interfaces.