cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't know what I can do after full chip erase

aork
Associate II

Hi, I have a STM32F407 Discovery Board and I'have made full cihp erase. But I have no idea what I can do after doing this. In the communtiy I have read that I have to install the original firmware. How can I do that? Can you help me? Thanks from now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Go to STM32CubeIDE folder and double click on .project file.

This window will be shown, click "Launch" button:

SofLit_0-1710425062256.png

and wait until the project workspace is loaded. You have to get this view:

SofLit_1-1710425221784.pngHope

Then click on the "Hummer" button to build the project. When it was completed,

Click on the arrow button shown in red and go to the menu shown below:

SofLit_2-1710425348701.png

If this window is shown, click OK button to load the program to your MCU target and launch the debug session:

SofLit_3-1710425617569.png

To run the program click on this button:

SofLit_5-1710425818375.png

To stop the debug session click on this button:

SofLit_6-1710425854075.png

Hope it helps.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

Not clear what do you want to do after doing a chip erase, programming a specific application? which one?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

The picture looks good. Have you excluded all possible errors on your side? E.g.

- 5V on non tolarant pins?

- Dangerous external voltage applied before or after proper MC voltages reached ?

Last errors have resulted in chips with high current consumption, partly still functional.

Actually I don't know what to do either. I just wiped the chip. I am a completely new user and I want to tackle very simple projects. After erasing the chip, I want to use it as I first purchased it. So basically, I don't know what would happen if completely erasing the chip. Do I need to do anything after erasing the chip? If so, how should I do it? Would you help me with this topic?

No, I just clicked on Full Chip Erase using STM32CubeProgrammer and that's it. Can I use the card afterwards? I don't know. I'm looking for help on this matter

SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

Download the firmware package of STM32F4 from here.

and go to the simplest example toggling a LED by user button: https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeF4/tree/master/Projects/STM32F4-Discovery/Examples/GPIO/GPIO_EXTI

Use STM32CubeIDE to compile the project and load the program to your board.

As you are a newbie with STM32, I recommend you to read this wiki.

Do I need to install or install these files that I downloaded? What path will I follow?

What do you mean by "install these files"?

You need to:

- Dwnload the package I provided previously.

- Download STM32CubeIDE toolchain and compile one of the examples.

- Program your board by the compiled example.

You need to read the wiki link.

I'm stuck on the second step. How can I do this step with STM32CubeIDE? Could you give a little more detail? I'm really at a very beginner level and seem to be close to the solution. Can you help me a little more?

In order to make the program work, you must do the following :
 - Open your preferred toolchain 
 - Rebuild all files and load your image into target memory
 - Run the example

I have read the instructions above but again stuck in the second step.

Go to STM32CubeIDE folder and double click on .project file.

This window will be shown, click "Launch" button:

SofLit_0-1710425062256.png

and wait until the project workspace is loaded. You have to get this view:

SofLit_1-1710425221784.pngHope

Then click on the "Hummer" button to build the project. When it was completed,

Click on the arrow button shown in red and go to the menu shown below:

SofLit_2-1710425348701.png

If this window is shown, click OK button to load the program to your MCU target and launch the debug session:

SofLit_3-1710425617569.png

To run the program click on this button:

SofLit_5-1710425818375.png

To stop the debug session click on this button:

SofLit_6-1710425854075.png

Hope it helps.