cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which tag to read/write with NFC03A1

tyassin
Associate III

Hi,

I have tried to search the forum, but not been able to find a clear answer.
I am very new to NFC and have started by acquiring the NFC03A1 (ST25R95) together with a NUCLEO board (F446RE).
My hopefully simple questions are:

1. Is it possible to write and read data from a tag?
2. Which tags can/should be used for this?

I have downloaded X-CUBE NFC3 and downloaded the "STM32L476RG_NUCLEO_PollingTagDetectNdef" project to the MCU and are able to run this from the terminal window.

I have read some literature and it seems that NFC FORUM Tag Type 4/5 should be used, because they are NDEF?

Thank you.
Br. Thomas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi Thomas,

STM32L476RG_NUCLEO_PollingTagDetectNdef supports NDEF Read and NDEF Write for T2T, T3T, T4T (A and B) and T5T tags. Note: T1T is deprecated and therefore not supported.

You can use ST25TN tags (T2T), ST25TA tags (T4T) and ST25TV/ST25DV tags (T5T) from ST as well as competitor NDEF formatted tags.

UM2045 chapter 3.5 provides details about the NDEF application and  some screen shots of the serial output display for NDEF Read or NDEF write operations.

Would you please click on accept as solution if this post fully answer your question, otherwise feel free to ask more information.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi Thomas,

STM32L476RG_NUCLEO_PollingTagDetectNdef supports NDEF Read and NDEF Write for T2T, T3T, T4T (A and B) and T5T tags. Note: T1T is deprecated and therefore not supported.

You can use ST25TN tags (T2T), ST25TA tags (T4T) and ST25TV/ST25DV tags (T5T) from ST as well as competitor NDEF formatted tags.

UM2045 chapter 3.5 provides details about the NDEF application and  some screen shots of the serial output display for NDEF Read or NDEF write operations.

Would you please click on accept as solution if this post fully answer your question, otherwise feel free to ask more information.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.