cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the low level command to create multiple ndef files in a st25ta 2k tag

ARey.1
Associate II

Hello,

I'm searching the low level command to create multiples ndef files in a st25ta 2k tag.

I know that there is a field in the system file that specifies the number of ndef files, but it is read only, so it isn't possible to specify the number of ndef files with an update binary command.

I know it is possible to create multiple ndef files because on the software st25pc-nfc, there is a field where we can specify the number of ndef files we want, but it is high level and i don't know how it works.

It is not possible either to update the CC to add the TLV of a new ndef file because it is read only too.

I've searched on the tag datasheet, there is a topic, the 7.8 called : create and update an ndef file, but it doesn't explain at all how to create an ndef file.

Best regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

in order to change the number of NDEF files in your ST25TA16K tag, this is the process :

After selecting the tag with anti-collision process

- Select ndef application

- Select System file (file name 0xE101)

- Update binary address = 0x0007 data = number of file value (00=1 file, 01=2 files, 02=3 files)

(CC file TLVs will be automatically updated depending on number of NDEF Files).

Best regards,

NFC Customer support

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hello,

Where in the ST25PC-NFC GUI do you find an option to change the number of NDEF files?

From standard perspective you have of course the option to put multiple NDEF records into one NDEF message.

Best Regards, Ulysses

ARey.1
Associate II

Hello,

When you go in system file editor and you click on the number of ndef file, you can change this number.

My question is not if I can put multiple ndef records into one ndef message, but if you can create multiples ndef files, in order , in each ndef files, create an ndef message with multiple ndef records.

Best regards

Hi,

just looking at the GUI I find on v2.6.1:

1. System File Editor (Tags->ISO14443a/Type4A->System File Editor) only a dialog which allows to display the content of the system file0693W00000Nr1wxQAB.png
  2. ST Type4 Access Rights Management (Tags->ST25TA->Access Rights Management) has a combobox to select an NDEF file but has only one file selectable.

If you find different please let me know / share screen shots.

To my knowledge the number of ndef files is fixed to one but I am more on the reader side. Likely . @Olivier L​ can give a definite answer.

BR, Ulysses

ARey.1
Associate II

Hello,

When i'm in the same window as you, system file editor, if I click on number of NDEF(version for you ?), I can change the number of NDEF files.

If I can manage to create multiple NDEF files on the ST app, I suppose that it is possible to create more than one.

Maybe @Olivier L​ could help us if he cans, thanks.

Best regards.0693W00000Nr5dfQAB.png

Hello,

The ST25TA02KB only contains one file. Due to the structure of it memory, only one file can be used. No way to define several files.

The ST25TA16K and ST25TA64K products (same for M24SR products ) have a different memory structure that allow to divide the memory in 1 to 8 separate files. In the System file, the "Number of NDEF file" field defines the number of files of the tag. For example on ST25TA16K : '0' means 1 file (file name = 0001 size=16k) , '1' means 2 files (1st file name = 0001 size 8k, 2nd file name = 0002 size = 8k) etc ... .

Reading CC File will give you all the information concerning each file (File name, max file size, access rights).

0693W00000Nr9n5QAB.pngTo read, write each file, you can use User Memory user interface :

0693W00000Nr9nKQAR.pngTo read or to write NDEF file in each File, you can use the NDEF Editor :

0693W00000Nr9neQAB.pngBut again, only ST25TA16K, ST25tA4K and M24SR series can manage several files.

So to answer to your first question that was : "I'm searching the low level command to create multiples ndef files in a st25ta 2k tag."

The memory of the ST25TA02K cannot be divided in several files. Only 1 file can be managed with this tag.

Best regards,

NFC customer support.

Hello,

Thank you for the message.

It is weird because, on the application, with a st25ta 2k it is possible to create multiple files, but maybe i've done a strange manipulation.

Since you've said that it is possible on 16k, I would like to know the famous low level command to create multiple NDEF files on a st25ta 16k, in order to, when i'm encoding tags with my personal app, i can divide the memory in several parts without having to pass by the ST app.

Best regards.

Hello,

in order to change the number of NDEF files in your ST25TA16K tag, this is the process :

After selecting the tag with anti-collision process

- Select ndef application

- Select System file (file name 0xE101)

- Update binary address = 0x0007 data = number of file value (00=1 file, 01=2 files, 02=3 files)

(CC file TLVs will be automatically updated depending on number of NDEF Files).

Best regards,

NFC Customer support

Olivier L
ST Employee

Hi,

I add an information regarding the ST25 NFC Tap Android App:

In this application, each NDEF file is called an "Area". With the ST25TA16K, you can change the number of files by going to "Areas Management" menu entry.

You might be interested also by ST25TN serie which supports multiple NDEF files:

https://www.st.com/en/nfc/st25tn-series-nfc-tags.html

Best regards

Olivier

ARey.1
Associate II

Hello,

Thank you all for your precious help.

I thought I had a 2k tag, but it was a 2k byte tag, refering to a st25ta 16k.

Your explanation helped me a lot, I have a final question : Does the CC file has a predetermined memory, and the CCLEN tells the effective memory where you can find data ? For example, for the st25ta 16k you can go up to 71bytes of memory with 8 TLV, does it mean that the memory of the CC file is initialy at least 71byte in order to contain all the TLV's ? If you could give me the total length of the CC file for st25ta 2k and 16k, I would appreciate.

Best regards.