cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use single ended antenna no AAT with ST25R3916

diverger
Senior
  1. What should I take care of when using a single ended 50 Ohm antenna without AAT?
  2. What changes I need to do with the analog configures comparing to the example one given in X-CUBE-NFC6? Are there some references for this usage case?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Travis Palmer
ST Employee

​Hello Diverger,

1.) For HW you will need a matching network from target matching impedance to 50 Ohm, a 50Ohm cable (optional) and a 50Ohm Antenna.

There are some threads in the comunity mentioning 50Ohm matching network configurations. We are releasing soon (next week) a new version of the ST25R Antenn matching tool which does this calculation for you.

2.) you have to propperly configur the Single and RFO bit of the "IO Configuration register".

BR Travis

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Travis Palmer
ST Employee

​Hello Diverger,

1.) For HW you will need a matching network from target matching impedance to 50 Ohm, a 50Ohm cable (optional) and a 50Ohm Antenna.

There are some threads in the comunity mentioning 50Ohm matching network configurations. We are releasing soon (next week) a new version of the ST25R Antenn matching tool which does this calculation for you.

2.) you have to propperly configur the Single and RFO bit of the "IO Configuration register".

BR Travis

Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi,

hint on the mentioned threads: You will find them by searching "single ended st25r3911b" and "50ohm st25r3911b". Different chip but same principles (and bits) apply.

Regards, Ulysses

diverger
Senior

Yes, I think I've done right for it. I designed the matching network in ADS. And I'm very appreciated for your work to simplify the​ designing procedure.