cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for ICODE ILT tags

fredj0207
Associate III

Hi,

I would like to use NXP ICODE ILT tags (ISO18000-3) with the ST25R3911B device.

As ISO18000-3 is similar to ISO15693, is it possible to use stream mode (as in RFAL) to support ISO18000-3 ? Is there any HW limitation ?  If no, did any of you already do this ?

Regards

Fred

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Fred,

thx for this information. Yes it should be possible to support the ILT-M by using stream mode. However I am not aware of any actual implementation where you could start off from. 

Did you start this? Any insights already? In case you are running into detailed problems, please let me know and I can try to support.

BR, Ulysses

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi Fred,

ISO18000-3 defines three different operating modes. ICODE ILT is using Mode3. Using stream mode it should be possible to support Mode3 and also these tags but I am not aware of any reference implementations where you could start off.

Mode1 is equivalent to ISO15693 and as such supported. Mode 2 to my knowledge might only be supported in transparent mode.

Looking around on distributors I find the ILT marked as "Not for new Designs" or "Last Time Buy". How come you want to support those?

BR, Ulysses

Hi Ulysses,

It will be ICODE ILT-M (available in mass production) using ISO18000-3M3 and EPC for fast anticollision.

Regards,

Fred

Hi Fred,

thx for this information. Yes it should be possible to support the ILT-M by using stream mode. However I am not aware of any actual implementation where you could start off from. 

Did you start this? Any insights already? In case you are running into detailed problems, please let me know and I can try to support.

BR, Ulysses