cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25R3916 Write and Read mode issue

StefanoSperandio_ST
Associate III

Hello everyone!

I'm working with the NFC08A1 board (ST25R3916) and trying to use it in NFC Reader mode. At the moment, I’m focused on writing and reading the chip’s registers via the SPI protocol.

I've conducted several tests on the firmware side, but the registers are not being written correctly.

Specifically, I’m sending the write frame as defined in chapter 4.3.3 of the ST25R3916 datasheet to write data to certain registers; however, the subsequent read operation fails.

To verify the read functionality, I also tried reading the register at address 0x3F (IC Identity), but the operation doesn't work (the read value is always 0x00).

I’ve tried both the Transmit + Receive function and the TransmitReceive function, but the result is the same—all registers return 0x00.

I’m confident that the transmit frame is correct because I monitored it with an oscilloscope, and it matches the datasheet specifications. However, in the receive frame, I don’t see any data when the receive function starts.

Can you help me in this issue? If is necessary i can copy and paste my code here...thank you in advance!!

0 REPLIES 0