cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

st25dv04k nfc tag, as standalone

ETAHA.1
Associate II

Hello, i would like to integrate ​st25dv04k nfc dynamic tag to my pcb design, my question is: could i use it without any configuration or initialization?

As I'm planning to not connect it to a i2c device.​

If yes, should i connect the harvesting power pin to VCC?​

The component datasheet:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.st.com/resource/en/datasheet/st25dv04k.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjf6dmlv-P2AhXQ-KQKHbHmAIwQFnoECAQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1VPzvL4lIjIgv1-XrpOp-J​

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JL. Lebon
ST Employee

Hello,

Yes, you can use the ST25DV04K as a simple tag, no problem.

It doesn't need any I2C configuration to work as a simple passive tag,

In case you want to use the EH, you will need to enable it, as is is not enabled by default. This can be done from the RF reader (with the smartphone + ST25app for example), You can configure EH so it start automatically at boot so that the configuration has to be done only once or enable it on demand with the reader.

So the ST25DV04K should be perfectly OK for you.

Best regards.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

just for my curiosity, what is your use case with the st25dv04k if using only the RF interface and not the I2C interface?

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
ETAHA.1
Associate II

Hi, ​the use case is the same as passive contactless tag, i was looking for ic with energy harvesting and this ic chip was the only one that was in stock and in low price (the pcb production factory i work with has only this one in stock available for assembly).

I know i could use the st25t series but i didn't found model with energy harvesting that was in stock.

Maybe do you know the answer to my simple question regarding the initialization?

Or even maybe it could be initialized using phone+ST​25 app if initialization required?

Thanks

Effi​

JL. Lebon
ST Employee

Hello,

Yes, you can use the ST25DV04K as a simple tag, no problem.

It doesn't need any I2C configuration to work as a simple passive tag,

In case you want to use the EH, you will need to enable it, as is is not enabled by default. This can be done from the RF reader (with the smartphone + ST25app for example), You can configure EH so it start automatically at boot so that the configuration has to be done only once or enable it on demand with the reader.

So the ST25DV04K should be perfectly OK for you.

Best regards.