cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST - NFC tag Suggestions & recommendations required

SThot.2
Associate

Hi,

I am planning to establish communication between low powered battery operated Device(microcontroller) to NFC tag. (PFA the image below).

0693W00000D0E7xQAF.png 

Please suggest the ST-NFC device(tag) to fulfil the following requirements.

A) Application Specific :

1) Required Bi-directional communication, to exchange ~4kb of device configuration files between MCU and mobile App. (configuration can be WI-FI credentials, communication certificates, )

B) NFC tag specification:

1.   Must be NFC certified
  2.   Power consumption shall be less than 5mA in operational mode (please refer ideal/sleep time consumption shall be in µA)
  3.   Bi-directional communication supportive tag
  4.   Max data transfer ~4kb of data need to transfer

Regards,

Suresh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

In your requirements you've mentioned 4kb, which I interpreted as 4Kbits.

The version with the biggest EEPROM is a 64kbit one, which corresponds to 8KBytes, but the remaining peripherals of the devices are fixed, e.g. the RAM buffer always has a size of 4Kbit = 256 Bytes. Due the limited number of write cycles of the EEPROM that RAM buffer should be used in cases of transferring larger chunks of data to the connected microcontroller.

Supporting software can be found with e.g. X-CUBE-NFC4.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @SThot.2​, to th community,

you could take a look at the ST25DV04K or the ST25DV04KC.

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
SThot.2
Associate

Hi Peter,

Thanks a lot for your response, 

Suggested modules having approx. 4KB of EEPROM. So tag read/write is happening only through EEPROM? or do we have any RAM space for the same?

Sending large configuration certificate is not possible, so what will be the max size of I2C read/write buffer(chunk) size having. 

Also please suggest an integration / Application example SDK if available.

Regards,

Suresh

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

In your requirements you've mentioned 4kb, which I interpreted as 4Kbits.

The version with the biggest EEPROM is a 64kbit one, which corresponds to 8KBytes, but the remaining peripherals of the devices are fixed, e.g. the RAM buffer always has a size of 4Kbit = 256 Bytes. Due the limited number of write cycles of the EEPROM that RAM buffer should be used in cases of transferring larger chunks of data to the connected microcontroller.

Supporting software can be found with e.g. X-CUBE-NFC4.

Regards

/Peter