cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source code to emulate a 15693 tag with smartphone?

SParr.1
Associate II

Hi everyone.

I have a NFC tag reader based on ST25R3911B and I'm currently using it to read "real" NFC-V 15693 tags. I would like to make "virtual" tags, possibly through smartphone, and make them readable from the NFC ST25R3911B reader.

Basically, I would like to build a cross-platform (Android/iOS) app to emulate the tags and read them through the same device used for the real tags. The other point is that I have to create the virtual tags as the derived version of the real tags, that is having data fields writable as the real tags (NDEF messages???).

My problem is not only how to write the "pairing and exchange" data protocol on smartphone side, but also how to read the smartphone/tag on the reader side...

Thank you,

Stefano

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi Stefano,

as far as I know, card emulation has been specified by NFC Forum only for T4AT, T4BT and T3T and usually smartphone support only T4AT/TABT or T3T Card emulation.

As ST25R3911B  supports NFC-A, NFC-B and NFC-F, I would suggest to use one of these technologies for your application rather than NFC-V. See as well ST25 Embedded NFC library for example of NDEF read application.

On smartphone side, I've seen some people using "NDEF Tag Emulator".

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi Stefano,

as far as I know, card emulation has been specified by NFC Forum only for T4AT, T4BT and T3T and usually smartphone support only T4AT/TABT or T3T Card emulation.

As ST25R3911B  supports NFC-A, NFC-B and NFC-F, I would suggest to use one of these technologies for your application rather than NFC-V. See as well ST25 Embedded NFC library for example of NDEF read application.

On smartphone side, I've seen some people using "NDEF Tag Emulator".

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.