cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"RF Power conducted" parameter for ST25R3911b.

PeterSPX
Associate II

Hello,

i need for FCC the parameter "RF Power conducted" of the product ST25R3911b.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Travis Palmer
ST Employee

Hello Peter,

This calculation is only required if your device is operated within a certain distance of an human body.

At the time we did the certification of the ST25R3911B-DISCO it was around 20cm.

Since the ST25R3911B-DISCO is not intended to be operated in close proximity to the human body, those calculations where not be required.

I assume such calculation is more for devices like implants or device which are in close proximity to the human body.

The below link should help you proceeding with your calculation.

https://apps.fcc.gov/kdb/GetAttachment.html?id=f8IQgJxTTL5y0oRi0cpAuA%3D%3D&desc=447498%20D01%20General%20RF%20Exposure%20Guidance%20v06&tracking_number=20676

If you have any doubt I would recommend you to crosscheck with the accredited lab, which carries out your compliance measurements.

BR Travis

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi PeterSPX,

did you check https://fccid.io/YCPR3916DB1 ?

Best Regards, Ulysses

PeterSPX
Associate II

Yes, but there is no information about der RF Power conducted.

Travis Palmer
ST Employee

Hello Peter,

could you please detail a bit where you need to fill this parameter and to which part of the FCC standard it is related?

Is it for defining the Equipment class?

Many Thanks, BR Travis

PeterSPX
Associate II

0693W00000UoVgwQAF.png

PeterSPX
Associate II

This is the FCC Part:

Radio frequency devices operating under the provisions of this part are subject to the radio frequency radiation exposure requirements specified in §§ 1.1307(b), 1.1310, 2.1091, and 2.1093 of this chapter, as appropriate. Applications for equipment authorization of RF sources under this section must contain a statement confirming compliance with these requirements. Technical information showing the basis for this statement must be submitted to the Commission upon request.

Travis Palmer
ST Employee

Hello Peter,

This calculation is only required if your device is operated within a certain distance of an human body.

At the time we did the certification of the ST25R3911B-DISCO it was around 20cm.

Since the ST25R3911B-DISCO is not intended to be operated in close proximity to the human body, those calculations where not be required.

I assume such calculation is more for devices like implants or device which are in close proximity to the human body.

The below link should help you proceeding with your calculation.

https://apps.fcc.gov/kdb/GetAttachment.html?id=f8IQgJxTTL5y0oRi0cpAuA%3D%3D&desc=447498%20D01%20General%20RF%20Exposure%20Guidance%20v06&tracking_number=20676

If you have any doubt I would recommend you to crosscheck with the accredited lab, which carries out your compliance measurements.

BR Travis